As prescribed in 236.570(b)(1), use the following clause:
OBSTRUCTION OF NAVIGABLE WATERWAYS (DEC 1991)
(a) The Contractor shall-
(1) Promptly recover and remove any material, plant, machinery, or appliance which the contractor loses, dumps, throws overboard, sinks, or misplaces, and which, in the opinion of the Contracting Officer, may be dangerous to or obstruct navigation;
(2) Give immediate notice, with description and locations of any such obstructions, to the Contracting Officer; and
(3) When required by the Contracting Officer, mark or buoy such obstructions until the same are removed.
(b) The Contracting Officer may-
(1) Remove the obstructions by contract or otherwise should the Contractor refuse, neglect, or delay compliance with paragraph (a) of this clause; and
(2) Deduct the cost of removal from any monies due or to become due to the Contractor; or
(3) Recover the cost of removal under the Contractor's bond.
(c) The Contractor's liability for the removal of a vessel wrecked or sunk without fault or negligence is limited to that provided in Sections 15, 19, and 20 of the River and Harbor Act of March 3, 1899 (33 U.S.C. 410 et.seq.).
(End of clause)