As prescribed in 225.1101(2), use the following clause:
BUY AMERICAN ACT AND BALANCE OF PAYMENTS PROGRAM (JAN 2009)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause
(1) “Commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) item”-
(i) Means any item of supply (including construction material) that is-
(A) A commercial item (as defined in paragraph (1) of the definition of “commercial item” in section 2.101 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation);
(B) Sold in substantial quantities in the commercial marketplace; and
(C) Offered to the Government, under a contract or subcontract at any tier, without modification, in the same form in which it is sold in the commercial marketplace; and
(ii) Does not include bulk cargo, as defined in section 3 of the Shipping Act of 1984 (46 U.S.C. 40102), such as agricultural products and petroleum products.
(2) “Component” means an article, material, or supply incorporated directly into an end product.
(3) “Domestic end product” means-
(4) “End product” means those articles, materials, and supplies to be acquired under this contract for public use.
(5) “Foreign end product” means an end product other than a domestic end product.
(6) “Qualifying country” means any country set forth in subsection 225.872-1 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
(7) “Qualifying country component” means a component mined, produced, or manufactured in a qualifying country.
(8) “Qualifying country end product” means-
(i) An unmanufactured end product mined or produced in a qualifying country; or
(ii) An end product manufactured in a qualifying country if the cost of the following types of components exceeds 50 percent of the cost of all its components:
(A) Components mined, produced, or manufactured in a qualifying country.
(B) Components mined, produced, or manufactured in the United States.
(C) Components of foreign origin of a class or kind for which the Government has determined that sufficient and reasonably available commercial quantities of a satisfactory quality are not mined, produced, or manufactured in the United States.
(9) “United States” means the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and outlying areas.
(b) This clause implements the Buy American Act (41 U.S.C. Section 10a-d). In accordance with 41 U.S.C. 431, the component test of the Buy American Act is waived for an end product that is a COTS item (see section 12.505(a)(1) of the Federal Acquisition Regulation). Unless otherwise specified, this clause applies to all line items in the contract.
(c) The Contractor shall deliver only domestic end products unless, in its offer, it specified delivery of other end products in the Buy American ActBalance of Payments Program Certificate provision of the solicitation. If the Contractor certified in its offer that it will deliver a qualifying country end product, the Contractor shall deliver a qualifying country end product or, at the Contractor’s option, a domestic end product.
(d) The contract price does not include duty for end products or components for which the Contractor will claim duty-free entry.
(End of clause)