ALTERNATE A, CENTRAL CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION (SEP 2007)
As prescribed in 204.1104, substitute the following paragraph (a) for paragraph (a) of the clause at FAR 52.204-7:
“Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database” means the primary Government repository for contractor information required for the conduct of business with the Government.
“Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code” means-
(1) A code assigned by the Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) to identify a commercial or Government entity; or
(2) A code assigned by a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization that DLIS records and maintains in the CAGE master file. This type of code is known as an “NCAGE code.”
“Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number” means the 9-digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities.
“Data Universal Numbering System +4 (DUNS+4) number” means the DUNS number assigned by D&B plus a 4-character suffix that may be assigned by a business concern. (D&B has no affiliation with this 4-character suffix.) This 4-character suffix may be assigned at the discretion of the business concern to establish additional CCR records for identifying alternative Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) accounts (see Subpart 32.11 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation) for the same parent concern.
“Registered in the CCR database” means that-
(1) The Contractor has entered all mandatory information, including the DUNS number or the DUNS+4 number, into the CCR database;
(2) The Contractor’s CAGE code is in the CCR database; and
(3) The Government has validated all mandatory data fields, to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service, and has marked the records “Active.” The Contractor will be required to provide consent for TIN validation to the Government as part of the CCR registration process.