North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes are used by federal agencies in classifying business establishments in the U.S. business economy. NAICS codes were introduced in 1997 to replace the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code system. NAICS codes are specifically designed to have a high level of compatibility for businesses in North American countries. NAICS codes are reviewed every five years, with the last review in 2007.
NAICS codes are six-digit codes. The space of codes is organized into two-digit sectors, then subsectors, and finally into individual codes. This hierarchical structure means that similar industries have similar NAICS codes, and can be grouped together.
- 42 (Sector): Wholesale Trade
- 423 (Subsector): Merchant Wholesalers, Durable Goods
- 4231 (Subsector): Motor Vehicle and Motor Vehicle Parts and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- 42311 (Subsector): Automobile and Other Motor Vehicle Merchant Wholesalers
- 423110 (Code): Automobile and Other Motor Vehicle Merchant Wholesalers
Search NAICS codes
View All NAICS codes
Click for a list of all NAICS codes.
Warning: require(/home/simplyauto/www/includes/site_footer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/simplyauto/www/reference/naics.php on line 48
Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../includes/site_footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/simplyauto/www/reference/naics.php on line 48